The other night I had the following text conversation with a dear friend from college, also a parent of a toddler.
J: Ever love LJ so much it makes you sad? You’re the only other person sufficiently fucked in the head to potentially get that.
- …because I’m going to die or she could die?
- …because one day she’ll fucking hate me?
- …because I brought her into this shitty place where people bludgeon seals and throw puppies out of skyscrapers?
- …because horrible men named “Newt” and “Mitt(ens)” are running for President?
- …because bitches will bully her and make her cry?
- …because some asshole frat boy might try to attack her when I send her off to college?
- …because one day she won’t find the joy in everything anymore, and that sucks?
- …because she may have inherited my debilitating anxiety problem?
- …because she might get leukemia and die?
- …because I might get leukemia and die and she’ll spend her life missing her mommy?
- …because she won’t be able to wear feetsy jammies forever?
- …because I might disappoint her one day?
- …because she’s just so awesome I don’t even know how to handle it?
Nah, I don’t know what you’re talking about.
J: Heart. Dear god. Somebody should have just put us on an ice floe.